ElizabethMae
Creativity

Pursue Your Passion: 5 Online Classes To Take This Weekend

You may be done with school at this point in your life, but that doesn’t mean the learning has to (or should) stop. Studies have shown that successful people devote their time to being lifelong learners. Building space in your busy life, through online classes or other means, to improve a skill, learn a new trade or enlighten yourself on a new concept is crucial to your health and wellbeing.

Online classes are a great, and affordable way to pursue a new passion, without making a big time or financial commitment. Explore different interests from the comfort of your couch (or bed, no one is judging) in a weekend! Whether you want to learn a new skill for business, are looking for some inspiration or just want to boost your creativity, you are sure to find a class below!

Creative Writing for All

Skills: ban writer‘s block; rekindle creativity
Duration:
26 Minutes
Cost: Skillshare Premium Membership

Intro to Weaving

Skills: essential weaving
Duration:
25 Minutes
Cost: $19

Cookie Decorating

Skills: royal icing recipe, piping, decorating techniques
Duration:
85 Minutes
Cost: $29

Stephen Curry Teaches Basketball

Skills: shooting, ball-handling, scoring
Duration:
17 lessons
Cost: $90

Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess

Skills: advanced strategy, tactics, and theory
Duration:
29 lessons
Cost: $90

Master the Mind

Skills: meditation, joyful thinking, self-development
Duration:
1.5 hours
Cost: $11.99

Building an Etsy Shop that Sells

Skills: target market identification, branding, SEO
Duration:
41 minutes
Cost: Skillshare Premium Membership

Whatever your passion, you are sure to find an online platform that works for your time and budget constraints. Put together a list of your interests, and do a quick search through Skillshare, Udemy, Brit + Co., and Master Class to find some great options. Let us know in the comments below what classes you plan on taking (or have already taken) this year!

You Might Also Like...

15 Comments

Kevin
    January 10, 2019 at 4:50 am

I need the writing class! This was a creative topic! Very well done!

Anisa
    January 10, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I actually want to take a cookie decorating class! I’ve been trying find one

Ute
    January 10, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Great diverse ideas. Will have to check into Skillshare – have not come across it before.

Jayne
    January 11, 2019 at 11:35 am

I had no idea about Skillshare. I’m going to check that out now, sounds interesting – thanks!

Cori Ramos
    January 11, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for sharing these online courses with us. I am definitely interested in the Etsy shop. I have one now that isn’t doing very well so whatever tips I can get, I’m there! 🙂

Have a great weekend!
    Cori

Elena
    January 12, 2019 at 11:38 am

Wonderful ideas. I am sending this to my sister. She want to take cookie decorating class. Thanks!

Eunice
    January 12, 2019 at 1:30 pm

This year, one of my goals is to learn new skills as well as enhance the ones I currently have. I’ll be looking into Pinterest strategy courses as well as SEO and Email marketing. I recently completed a Creative Writing course which was super beneficial!

Mickey Reid
    January 13, 2019 at 11:48 pm

I love this, I often take classes on Udemy for different practices.

Madi Rowan
    January 14, 2019 at 5:26 am

Such great info! There are endless possibilities regarding what you can learn from an online course, it’s amazing! There’s definitely something for everyone! I’ve even debated getting certified in yoga through an online course!

-Madi xo | http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

Priyanka B
    January 14, 2019 at 8:17 am

Thanks for sharing such interesting courses – would love to check out the weaving one!

Molina
    January 14, 2019 at 2:37 pm

I’m so going to look at the cookie decorating one! Thanks for sharing these!

Cassidy
    January 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Thanks for this, it’s so easy to forget that we can all learn something new by just a few clicks. I’d love to learn more about editing, I’ll have to check one out!

Ashley B
    January 14, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Great post and recommendations! I am a huge fan in taking courses to improve a skill or learn a new skill. I love Udemy and Skillshare.

Sara | mshealthesteem.com
    January 15, 2019 at 1:03 am

Learning a new skill or discovering a new hobby is always a wonderful thing! Thank you for sharing. These all look amazing ♡

Tracy @ Cleland Clan
    January 15, 2019 at 1:13 am

They are all so different! My 8th grade boys would love the Steph Curry basketball class!